Everybody has his or her favorite Final Fantasy heroine. But which ones are the most popular in Japan? A new poll tries to answer that question.
According to Nico Nico News (via My Game News Flash), two hundred men and women in Japan were asked this month to list their fav female character in the FF series. Remember, this is just a poll, but regardless, here are the top five:
5. Oerba Dia Vanille (Final Fantasy XIII) – 3 percent of the votes
4. Serah Farron (FFXIII, FFXIII-2) – 4 percent
3. Tifa Lockhart (FFVII, FFVII: Advent Children) – 4.5 percent
2. Yuna (FFX, FFX-2) – 6.5 percent
1. Lightning (FFXIII, Lightning Returns: FFXIII) – 8.5 percent
If you would have asked me prior to seeing the results who came in first, I would’ve said Yuna.
Two hundred people isn’t a huge sample pool, and the fact that those polled were “students” might color these results. It’d be interesting to see the same question put to more folks in Japan.
Kotaku East is your slice of Asian internet culture, bringing you the latest talking points from Japan, Korea, China and beyond. Tune in every morning from 4am to 8am.